Oh gosh, I’m so behind in posts so let’s start with something tasty! First, a quick update on fitness. I had a BLAST climbing in Central Rock Gym’s The Heist bouldering competition at the end of September. My knee has been doing great and it didn’t bug me at all during the comp. If you’d like to see highlights from my climbs check out my video below (note, I was climbing in the Beginner’s Division as I’m still a n00b in the climbing world).
Tonight I’m taking a lead climbing class and am thrilled to enter the next level of climbing! But, climbing aside, let’s talk about food!
You are in for a treat! This easy-to-make meal is paleo, gluten and dairy free, high in protein and absolutely delicious! I did not invent the pancake recipe. It’s been floating around the internet for at least a year now, but they’re so good!
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Bananas
- Dash cinnamon
- 2 servings protein powder (optional, I personally skip this)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend briefly until smooth and just a little frothy.
- Preheat a skillet, if it’s not non-stick add an oil of your choosing (I used coconut oil).
- Cook just like pancakes. A few minutes on each side. I recommend keeping the pancakes small. It sounds like this recipe is just too simple to work, but the pancakes actually hold together very easily and are easy to flip. They come out light and fluffy with just a mild banana flavor.
- Makes 2 servings (~8 medium pancakes)
Raspberry Maple Syrup
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup fresh or frozen (and thawed) raspberries
- Combine ingredients in a blender.
- Heat before serving. Yes, it’s that easy.
- 1 lb pork
- 1 tsp salt
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 3/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1/2 tsp dried sage or 1 tsp fresh minced sage
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme or 1 tsp fresh minced thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary or 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- dash cayenne
- 1 tbsp virgin coconut oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Preheat a skillet over medium with 1 tbsp coconut oil.
- Form pork mixture into small patties and place in pan.
- Fry over medium about 3-4 minutes per side, until nice and golden on the outside and fully cooked on the inside.
- Makes ~12 sausage. Freeze any extras to easily reheat for next time!
Let me know what you think of these recipes! I was particularly pleased with the breakfast sausage. It has a TON of flavor without being spicy. Perfect for a breakfast sausage. I was a big fan!